What’s Involved In Website Planning
One of the most important phase of the web development work is the web planning stage. During this phase a proper plan has to be in placed for the smooth deliver of the final website. A website planning will be similar to creating a building plan. Obviously without a building plan, the building will not be able to be constructed. The same is true when building your website. It doesn’t matter if you’re building a 4-5 page website or a 15-20 page website, you want to make sure you put the time in to make the site is properly planned to meet its goal and objectives.
5 Key Elements To Great Website
When it comes to planning there are at least five key items to consider when coming up with your website blueprint. If you make sure to take time to think through these five things your chances for creating a successful website increase exponentially.
- What is the goal of the website?Is it just informational, sell something
- Determine your target audience. What their interests are and what sort of information you can provide them ?
- You need to determine what you want your website visitors to do once they land on your site or your website call to actions
- Determine your website navigation process for your visitors to complete your call-to-action
- Get a list of keywords that can be used so that the website can be optimised for search engines such as Google, Bing, etc.
What are the goals of your website
Here are some of questions that will need to be answered in determining the goals of your website
- What are the goals of the website ?
- What sort of contents are needed to meet the goals of the website?
- How are the return of investment be determined based on the goals of the website?
- Some ideas of website goals will include
- Sell more products or services
- Company information only
- Educate the site visitors
Identifying the Target Audience for Your Website
Here are some of questions that will need to be answered in identifying your website’s target audience
- Who are you building your website for?
- How do they want to view information avilable?
- Do they prefer to read content?
- Do they prefer to watch videos?
- How do they want to receive content? is it via a RSS feed or via email?
Developing a Call-to-Action (CTA) for Your Website
Here are some of questions that will need to be answered in creating a CTA on your website.
- What sort of Call to Actions do you want at your website?
- Do you want site visitors to Call You?
- Do you want site visitors to Fill a Form?
- Do you want site visitors to Click a Button?
- Do you want site visitors to Buy anything?
- Do you want site visitors to Share on social networks?
Have clear CTAs to help you obtain the goals for your website.
The Importance of Website Navigation
- What type of Navigation do you prefer? Top, Left or Right
- Which pages should be placed at the main bar, secondary bar or footer navigation?
- Is the navigation to the Call To Actions clearly shown?
Determining Best Keyword List for Your Website
- List down main keywords to describe your website. Normally length of 2 to 3 sentences of keywords
- List also long tail keywords to describe your website. Keywords of more than 3 sentences.
- Check the number of competition Search Engine Optimization using the Google Keywords Tools for all the keywords.
- Decide on the keywords to be used in the contents of the website.
- Choose keywords with less competitors and not used by most of your competitors.